Top 10 Most Expensive Vinyl Records...Ever
Lets face, one of the biggest joys out of collecting vinyl records is when you manage to bag yourself a rare, sought after record. I don't know about you guys, but Discogs is our bible here at RVR, and observing our collections rise in value over time gives us a satisfaction unlike no other.
Now, imagine you managed to unearth a hidden gem for a fraction of the selling price, or handed down a pristine copy of a rare vinyl record from your dad or other family member. Pretty rad, right?
Well, below are ten of the most expensive records ever purchased - it makes my 1966 red Odeon pressing of Beatles - Revolver look like peanuts in comparison:
10. Frank Wilson: 'Do I Love You (Indeed I Do) - £25,742
9. Tommy Johnson: 'Alcohol and Jake Blues' - $37,100
8. Aphex Twin: Caustic Window (test pressing) - $46,300
7. The Beatles: 'Til There Was You' (10” acetate) - £77,500
6. The Beatles: Yesterday & Today - $125,000
5. John Lennon & Yoko Ono: Double Fantasy - $150,000
4. The Beatles: Sgt. Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band (signed) - $290,000
3. Elvis Presley: 'My Happiness' - $300,000
2. The Beatles: The Beatles (White Album) - $790,000
1. Wu-Tang Clan: Once Upon a Time in Shaolin - $2 million
So there you have it, the top 10 most expensive records ever. 50% of this list is made up of at least one member of The Beatles, I wouldn't mind getting my hands on that signed copy of Sgt. Pepper's.